Is it tag season, or something? Haha, regardless, I spotted this tag over on Noor’s blog (Queen of Jetlags – it’s awesome, she’s lovely, take a read) and thought that it was a really cute get-to-know-me type tag so thought I’d give it a go. I also really want to do a bunch of other tags too like the ‘British’ Tag, but ehhh
Below the cut are my answer to 14 random questions, if you want to know a bit more about me than is in my ‘about‘, give it a click! 🙂
1. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why? I’d probably just go with my middle name, Katharine, since it’s still a name my parents picked, and the contractions/ shortening of it are cute. I’d choose Kitty, I think. Plus it would make telling people my name in South Korea so much easier, since they don’t have an ‘f’ sound. I’ve been Fay, V, Phoebe, Kay….
2. If you could go back in time and give your younger self advice, what would it be and why? Don’t care what anyone else thinks. Don’t listen when the girls are mean to you, you are your own person and people (will) love you for it. You don’t need to be friends with everybody. I think they’re pretty self explanatory – but a lot of things and sadness could’ve been avoided if I’d been less of a pushover.
3. What did you want to be when you were little? Many things!!! I think every girl goes through wanting to be a dancer, then a singer, I really wanted to be a pathologist for the longest of times… then I worked out I was far too squeamish. Physiotherapist was next – I even thought of applying for it at university! I think those sort of career choices were really more to keep my parents happy – mum’s a doctor, dad’s in business – and even though I desperately wanted to do something creative I felt that they’d never approve. Thankfully, they sat me down and said they’d be happy as long as I was happy, and here we are now. 4. What do you order at Starbucks? Green Tea Latte. In summer, the iced strawberry frappe, in winter any of the christmas drinks 5. What’s the hardest you’ve ever laughed? Probably one time in class at Yonsei where one of my classmates couldn’t pronounce another one of my classmates name, and so accidentally called him the Korean word for ‘bastard’ instead of his name. The two words sound incredibly similar. It was hilarious and awkward. 6. If you could play any instrument, which would it be and why?
Ahhh I actually do play an instrument. Well. I play more than one – piano, cello, guitar and I sing. I can also play the oboe. I’ve always really wanted to play the flute though. 7. What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re upset?
I like to marathon anime or listen to an album I really really love on repeat and draw clothes. Or I’ll just find/call mum and chat for a bit, she makes me feel better about everything
8. What’s your favourite movie?
Alice in Wonderland. I adore the surrealness of it all, and the world of Wonderland. I think I’m most in love with Tim Burtons version, I do love a bit of dystopia.
9. What’s one food you can not live without?
Can I just pick fruit as a whole? One of the worst things about living in Korea was the fact that fruit, unless it’s in season, is so damned expensive. *sadface* If not, then tea. True brit. Can’t take my tea away from me.
10. What’s your favourite dessert?
My dads carrot cake is my absolute favourite thing – but I do love a good scone with cream, jam and fresh fruit
11. Favourite pizza topping?
Pepperoni. I’ll try almost anything though
12. Would you rather have the superpower to read minds, or the superpower to be invisible?
Invisibility. I’d only like to read minds if there were certain degrees of limitations – like language. It’d be really invasive to just sit in someone elses mind without them knowing.
13. What did you do for your last birthday?
Not a lot. Explored Korea a bit, went out – it was good but the company wasn’t great. This year should be much better.
14. If you had one personal “selfish” wish, what would it be and why?
I have a sort-of-secret project going on right now, and I think my super selfish wish would be for it to be the most successful thing I’ve done yet. Though I don’t really know if that counts as selfish or not.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers, and I tag all of you who want to do it! I’d really love to hear your answers to these questions, so if you do complete the tag, don’t forget to tell me!!